查看: 1365|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Perfect turn

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2021-6-7 11:35:14 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 太極滑雪 于 2021-6-10 08:51 编辑

Ever since I read their video “Why can’t I ski like him?” to answer luvski’s thread of the same title, youtube started to recommend their videos to me. Since “perfect turn” is also my pursuit, so I made a comment, anyone cares to join the conversation?

“Is there such thing as the perfect ski turn? A discussion opens up and centres around the many ski turns posted that are seen on social media that appear identical in shape, size and form. Are these photos showing the perfect turn or are we seeing equipment dictate the style and shape of a turn.”

In their conversation, neither “perfect” nor “perfect turn” are defined, so, what are they talking about? At higher level skiing, it’s all mental. If you cannot define it, you cannot think of it; if you cannot think of it, (with no working knowledge,) you cannot do it, then there’s no high level performance. That’s why they concluded that there’s no such thing as perfect turn. I digress; if they don't pursue it, they wouldn't know it. Now, scientifically, if we define that “perfect” as things happen “right time at right place,” (quite arbitrary) and “perfect turn” as the skier turns at the same rate as the skis turn (right time at right place), so, if we can find a reality matches those definitions, we’ll find the “perfect” and “perfect turn,” right? In physics, a curved path is proven thus given a formula, R=V*V/a, where R is radius of the curvature path, V is velocity, and “a” is angular acceleration. From smallest atoms to largest galaxies, and everything else in between, nothing moves beyond this formula, which depicts the final track of all curved movements, which include all the ski tracks. Imo, pure carve, rides on the edges of skis, ski like rollercoaster, no brakes, it has to make perfect turn, otherwise, it will not make the run (just as the rollercoaster would fall out its track). Bank-turn as in Ski Cross, turning without turning, it is also a good candidate for perfect turn. As perfect turn skis a perfect track, uniform radius, no wiggles and no bounces, just ultra smooth, just as how we “feel” about “perfect,” “perfect turn” is not how you look, but how you feel. Yes, it does exist.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|SkiChinese  

GMT-5, 2024-4-19 20:28 , Processed in 0.031143 second(s), 21 queries .