Ski Alberta

[复制链接]
11#
发表于 2011-2-25 20:51:30 | 只看该作者
那个时代的人腿都好细啊
12#
发表于 2011-2-25 20:59:38 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 snowspring 于 2011-2-25 21:02 编辑

It looks like they are  from the late 60's.   The car looked like a 67 or whereabout Ford Galaxy  I remember the cable bindings , leather boots and llong straight wooden skis. Men were on their 200 cm skis.  The ski stars are Tony Sailor (Austria) and Jean Claude Killy(France) and Canada has our own Nancy Greene (Olympic Gold medal 1968 Grenoble) .  I remember learning to ski was much harder those days and people usually broke their ankles instead of further up the legs like these days. I spent 10 dollars on my lfist leather laced up  boots.  You wear an insdie boot then an outer boot.   I was raving when I got buckle boots. This is so nostalgic.  These are the days when the big four are Lake Louise, sunshine, norquay(not that big compared to the others but it is close to Banff) and Marmot Baisn. I still remember all those motel names in banff and jasper.  I recognize the North American run they showed at Norquay looking right at Sulphur Mountain.  Those are the days when you have to take a bus to go up to Sundshine on a one lane road.  I was successful to switch my Christie to my first // skiing at Marmot Basin.  I felt so pround. I felt so jubilant and the joy lasted days and days.  I still remember that run - the first time I was able to //. It might be called the school run - it had a chair to it but it is not long.  It is engraved in my brian.  Thanks Snow storm for digging up the vintage.  Yes i do feel happiness is timeless.  The joy of skiing last many years.  When I succeeded with something on skiis , that feeling I can still remember clearly today.
13#
发表于 2011-2-25 21:05:31 | 只看该作者
回复 Phoenixtear 的帖子

In tremblant the first was 1930's.  Beofre that you have to hike up.  Jack Rabbit in the Laurentians was famous for that. When the chair ( a single seat chair) was built you can a blanket to cover you when riding up),  However Jack Rabbit stoped downhill skiing when the chair was built.  He said I am freezing when I ski down the mountain,  I am not gong to freeze myself going up.  He disapprears into the woods and kept on doing his skiing for many years to come till a very old age.
14#
发表于 2011-2-25 21:30:36 | 只看该作者
他们象跳着舞滑,看起来很高兴。。。现在的人滑得硬朗一点。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|SkiChinese  

GMT-5, 2024-5-2 08:16 , Processed in 0.035213 second(s), 20 queries .